• Cut and remove all excess thread on both sides of the quilt top and backing.
• Press the quilt top & backing, and also the batting if necessary.
• Both the batting and backing should measure 6-8" longer and wider than the quilt top; e.g., the batting and backing for a 90”x108” top must measure at least 96”x114” but preferably 98"x116"
• Trim all quilt top edges even & indicate the top with a safety pin.
• Secure all edge seams -- tension from the frame will pull edge seams open if they are not secured.
• Square up the backing -- if your backing is not square it will not roll up properly, causing sags and puckers that are unavoidable.
• If the backing needs to be pieced, cut off selvages if there are any, and sew together with a 1/2” seam allowance. VERY IMPORTANT – make sure all backing seams are ironed open.
• Don’t baste your quilt in any way.
• Wait to add all embellishments (buttons, charms, pins, etc.) until after the quilt has been quilted.
• Pin a label indicating the “top” of the quilt front and back.
• No sheets or drapery linings for backings.
Quilt preparation services, available at $20/hour, include pressing, mending, squaring up backings & batting, trimming threads, and other services.
Edge to Edge (Pantograph) begins at $0.015 / sq. inch (Minimum charge is $60)
A single pattern is used on the entire quilt top (including borders) from left to right / top to bottom. A variety of designs are available.
Semi-Custom begins at $0.025 / sq. inch (Min. $70) A custom look is achieved using a single pattern in the center of the quilt, while a different distinct treatment is given to the border. Additional charges apply for multiple borders that you want treated individually.
Custom begins at $0.035/sq. inch (Min. $90.00) Choose from a variety of pattern designs to enhance your quilt and emphasize specific elements, including blocks, sashing, multiple borders, and corners.
*All prices include the use of 1 solid color thread. A charge of $2 is added for each additional color change and $8-10 (depending on quilt size) for variegated thread.
Binding applied by machine: (customer provides binding ready to be applied) $0.150/linear inch on front or back only $0.30/linear inch on front and back
Seam Backing: $10 per seam to stitch Basting: $.008/sq. inch (Min $45) Sleeve: $.25/linear inch – machine sewn on top edge, customer supplies fabric & finishes sewing down.
Quilt Preparation: $20/hour
The best way to guarantee your satisfaction with your finished quilt is to bring well-prepared backings, battings, and quilt tops. See "Prepping your quilt" below for suggestions. Quilt preparation service is also available.
2177 Airport Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Quilter’s Dream blend 70/30 cotton / poly, Select (mid-loft) Baby / craft, 61" wide $8
Queen, 93" wide $10.50
King, 122" wide $14
Quilter's Dream Poly
Baby / craft, 61" wide $6.50
Queen, 93" wide $8.50
King, 122" wide $11
Quilter's Dream 100% Cotton Select (mid -loft), Natural
Baby / craft, 61" wide $9.50
Queen, 93" wide $12
King, 122" wide $15
All longarm service and batting prices are subject to change.