Edge to Edge & Allover Designs begin at $0.0225 / sq. inch (Minimum charge is $60)
A single pattern is used on the entire quilt top (including borders) from left to right / top to bottom. A variety of designs are available.
Custom begins at $0.035/sq. inch (Min. $90.00) Choose from a variety of pattern designs to enhance your quilt and emphasize specific elements, including blocks, sashing, multiple borders, and corners.
*All prices include the use of 1 solid color thread. A charge of $2 is added for each additional color change and $8-10 (depending on quilt size) for variegated thread.
Binding applied by machine: (customer provides binding ready to be applied)
Machine to front OR back $0.15/linear inch
Machine to front and back $0.35/linear inch
Machine to front and hand finished $0.50/linear inch
8" spacing; 1 stitch/inch $.008/ square inch
Quilt preparation services $20/hour
Includes pressing, mending, adding borders, seaming backings, squaring up backings & batting, trimming threads, and other services.
The best way to guarantee your satisfaction with your finished quilt is to bring well-prepared backings, battings, and quilt tops. See "Prepping your quilt" below for suggestions. Quilt preparation service is also available.
• Cut and remove all excess thread on both sides of the quilt top and backing.
• Press the quilt top & backing, and also the batting if necessary.
• Both the batting and backing should measure 6-8" longer and wider than the quilt top; e.g., the batting and backing for a 90”x108” top must measure at least 96”x114” but preferably 98"x116"
• Trim all quilt top edges even & indicate the top with a safety pin.
• Secure all edge seams -- tension from the frame will pull edge seams open if they are not secured.
• Square up the backing -- if your backing is not square it will not roll up properly, causing sags and puckers that are unavoidable.
• If the backing needs to be pieced, cut off selvages if there are any, and sew together with a 1/2” seam allowance. VERY IMPORTANT – make sure all backing seams are ironed open.
• Don’t baste your quilt in any way.
• Wait to add all embellishments (buttons, charms, pins, etc.) until after the quilt has been quilted.
• Pin a label indicating the “top” of the quilt front and back.
• No sheets or drapery linings for backings.
Quilter’s Dream 100% Wool pre-packaged
Queen (93"x108") $54
King (122"x122”) $60
Quilter's Dream 100% Cotton, Select (mid -loft), Natural pre-packaged
Queen (93"x108") $44
King (122"x122”) $50
All longarm service and batting prices are subject to change.